Congratulations to all the Skylark acrobats who have qualified for the Australian Championships in May.
In total 7 groups from Skylark competed at the State Trials run by Gymnastics Victoria, and all 7 groups achieved the required score and earnt their place on the state team.
The acrobats, aged from 8 to 19 years old, currently train between 9 to 16 hours a week to prepare themselves for the Australian Championships. For several of the athletes, this will be their first time competing at a national level competition.
“The Australian Championships is a great chance for the younger generation of athletes to experience the biggest competition in Australia and make friends with acrobats from all across the country,” AcroSquad Program Manager Serge Sharapayeu. “The acrobats have been working really hard on perfecting their routines. Knowing that they’re competing against the best athletes in Australia makes them hungry for improvement.”
The Australian Championships will be held at the Melbourne Arena from the 20th of May until the 7th of June. Top gymnasts from across the country will be travelling to compete for the title of Australian Champion. All 6 competitive gymnastics disciplines will be showcased during the two-week competition.
Our acrobats will be competing in the following sessions:
– Bianca & Emily – L6 WP – Session 3, Saturday June 1
– Mia, India & Chloe – L6 WG – Session 2, Saturday June 1
– Jessica, Chiara & Milki – L6 WG – Session 2, Saturday June 1
– Megan, Jasmyn & Tyleigh – L6 WG – Session 2, Saturday June 1
– Dana, Mykelti & Isobel – L7 WG – Session 1, Monday June 3
– Madlen, Tegan & Ava – L8 WG – Session 1, Sunday June 2 & Session 3, Monday June 3
– Jasmine & Dylan – L9 MXP – Session 1, Sunday June 2 & Session 3, Monday June 3
If you’d like to come along and support the Skylark AcroSquad, head to ausgymnasticschamps.com.au to book your tickets.